The EdgeExpress API was designed to provide a unified commerce experience across all payment environments including installed, cloud-based, card present, eCommerce and hosted payment forms. Coupled with easy implementation and setup, the EdgeExpress API also delivers a frictionless merchant experience with auto software updates and robust security through our EdgeShield® security bundle including end-to-end encryption, PCI ASSURE® PCI compliance assistance and more.
- EMV and NFC Contactless Payment Support
- EMV PIN Debit
- Recurring Payment Support
- Encryption, Tokenization and Decline Minimizer
- Signature Capture
- Partial Approval Support
- FSA/IIAS, Canadian PIN Debit (Interac), EBT and ACH
- Customized Device Prompt Support such as Disclosures, Confirmations, etc.
- Quick chip and early card insert
- PA-DSS out of scope
- End-to-End Encryption
- Merchant installations are quick and painless,
- Efficient installations with bundling payment functionality and developer software
- Low maintenance with auto-updates in the
- Cloud-based Installation
- Card Present
- Hosted Payment Forms
Is EdgeExpress right for you?
Are you looking to limit development time and resources?
Is it important to limit the friction at the time of merchant installation?
Would you like to speed up the transaction times?
How it Works
There are fewer steps required in the EdgeExpress workflow
- Other integration methods require more back and forth communications. Those can include the monitoring of an embedded browser or other tool to know when a payment has completed. Then a query can be sent, wait for a response, send another query, etc.
- With EdgeExpress you have one request with transaction data that maintains an open channel of communication to receive all the response data needed in one fluid communication, eliminating the back and forth communications
Video does not have sound
Ideal for most payment environments including installed, cloud-based, card present, eCommerce and hosted payment forms.
Ideal for developers who offer either native iOS/Android mobile apps or web-optimized mobile apps that are accessed through the browser
- Both Mobile SDK and Mobile API available
- Mobile SDK: Allows for easier and faster integrations and the ability to compile the SDK within your own native iOS or Android applications thereby allowing more control over the user interface and experience.
- Enables mobile EMV transactions
- Supports iOS and Android native applications
- Non-integrated OpenEdge Mobile app available for download on Apple Store or Google Play
- Supports web-optimized mobile apps
- Hardware options: Walker Bluetooth
*Currently available in the US only. Does not include FSA/IIAS, PIN Debit, EBT or ACH